Welcome to The Buzz
Explore expert opinion, insights, news, and updates from the world of bookkeeping.
Chair Update - Annual General Meeting
I am pleased to provide a quick update on our Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday, October 24, 2023. At this meeting, the members conducted their business, including the following:
- We presented our 2022-23 Annual Report to the members and our 2022-23 audited financial statements.
- The members approved the appointment of Parker Prins Lebano, CPA, as our Accountant for the fiscal year ending May 31, 2024.
- With an ordinary resolution, the members approved a modest amendment to the CPB Canada By-Laws, making the Affiliate member category more inclusive to industry-related professionals.
- The updated CPB Canada By-Laws will be posted on our website soon.
- The membership was presented with an updated Mission, Vision and set of Values statements. You can find them available on our About CPB Canada page.
- This work is a precursor for the next strategic planning exercise for the organization expected over the next 12 months.
- Finally, the members approved a motion to acclaim three Directors to serve on the CPB Canada Board of Directors. We are pleased to welcome back:
- Teresa Slack, CPB
- Karolina Francis, CPB
- Christie Craven, CPB
The CPB Canada Board of Directors will begin its term with a meeting in mid-November. We look forward to another busy and successful year ahead, where we grow the value we provide to members while raising the profile and standing of our professional community.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to thank you all for your engagement and participation at this year’s Annual General Meeting.
Lynne Moore, CPB
Chair - CPB Canada Board of Directors