Learning that matters to our members
CPB Canada provides industry-specific learning to keep you informed about industry updates, business best practices, accounting practices, and more! Take a look at our upcoming events below.
What’s possible when you turn your analytical eyes toward your own business?
- What are your financial statements telling you? – Sure, you’re making money. But are you really doing as well as you should, given all the risk, sacrifices, time, money and effort invested? Presenting the same information in various ways, each painting a different picture of what’s happening under the hood can provide tremendous insight on what actions are needed to increase your profits beyond your wildest dream. F/S should tell a story of what you need to work on.
- So now you see what’s wrong, now what? How the heck do you fix all that’s wrong? It’s not enough to know how the company is doing. You need to know how to fix what’s wrong.
- Relationship of expenses to revenues. There needs to be a healthy relationship between monies spent on certain expenses and revenues generated. What should that be? For example, wages should represent what percentage of revenues generated? It took me years to find the answer to this question, despite asking the question many, many times at seminars I attended all over the U.S. and Canada.
- How do you know if employees are productive, and how do you remedy shortfalls from desired performance? Most accountants and bookkeepers THINK they know how productive each employee is, but I’ve discovered that seldom is this truly the case. So, how does one know? And what should we reasonably expect?
- How and why do projections. Preparing projections can result in more money in your pocket than you ever imagined… if done well. Every time I do a presentation on how and why do projections, people have been blown away by the value it can have on their enterprise.
Our Presenter: Jean-Guy Talbot, FCPA, FCGA
Founder and CEO, RȇveNew Practice Management
Founder, Talbot & Associates
Jean-Guy founded his business, Talbot & Associates, in his basement and has grown the firm to 8 offices across Manitoba and over 90 full-time team members.
Over the years, he became passionate about practice management.
Apart from being an FCPA, FCGA, and empathetic CEO, Jean-Guy also mentored several bookkeeping and accounting practice owners through the same issues he had encountered. Along the way, he discovered proven methods to make decisions based on real collected data to improve efficiency and profit, which gave him an idea for his second business, RêveNew Practice Management.
- Informal networking and meal service from Moxies - 5:30 pm-6:45 pm (each attendee responsible for their meal tab)
- CPB Canada announcements and attendee introductions 6:45 pm
- Presentation – 7 pm – 8 pm
- Informal networking and meeting adjournment 8 pm-8:30 pm
Location: Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary SOUTH (in Deerfoot Meadows) – usual meeting rooms are down the hallway to the left of the main entry.
8001 11 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0B8 - 403-258-4517
WiFi: Log in to the Sandman Guest- it will ask for your email address, name and a click for terms and condition.
For more information, please contact Dawn Ross, Calgary Regional Network Chair, at email@example.com
Please note: Meeting spaces may have a minimum registrant requirement. Out of respect for the regional network chairs who arrange these meetings and the fees required to run them, if you register and are unable to attend, please email your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org, so the event space and RNC can be notified accordingly.