Learning that matters to our members
CPB Canada provides industry-specific learning to keep you informed about industry updates, business best practices, accounting practices, and more! Take a look at our upcoming events below.
Let’s Talk About Debt – with Taz Rajan of Bromwich+Smith Licensed Insolvency Trustees
- Why are we even talking about debt (stats on Canadians and Canadian business owners in debt and impact of that debt)
- Debt options and outcomes
- Dig in to Consumer Proposals and Bankruptcies
- Deeper dive into CRA debt
- How to help your clients in debt
Taz Rajan has been in the finance industry for 18 years and has her Adult Educator Certificate. Taz is passionate about simplifying complex financial concepts for Canadians and about getting tough conversations started in order to find the right solutions to move on and up.
Taz is the Community Engagement Partner at Bromwich+Smith Licensed Insolvency Trustees and has been featured on Global TV, AM770 and a regular on CTV. On her spare time, you can find Taz facilitating personal development workshops, hiking in Canmore, practicing hot yoga, volunteering, networking and reading.
"We recently had Taz run a Lunch and Learn with our Branch here in Calgary. The presentation was fantastic - Taz is an engaging speaker and very knowledgeable on the subject matter. She creates an open and comfortable environment and facilitates discussion very well on a topic that, most times, is not easy to talk about. Would absolutely recommend that you invite Taz to your office to run a session with your team ASAP - knowledge is power!" Jordan Tyrell Staffing Manager Robert Half
- Informal networking and meal service from Moxies - 5:30 pm-6:45 pm (each attendee responsible for their meal tab)
- CPB Canada announcements, and attendee introductions 6:45 pm
- Presentation – 7 pm – 8 pm
- Informal networking and meeting adjournment 8 pm-8:30 pm
Location: Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary SOUTH (in Deerfoot Meadows) – usual meeting rooms are down hallway to the left of main entry.
8001 11 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0B8
For more information, please contact Dawn Ross, Calgary Regional Network Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Meeting spaces may have a minimum registrant requirement. Out of respect for the regional network chairs who arrange these meetings and the fees required to run them, if you register and are unable to attend, please email your cancellation notice to email@example.com, so the event space and RNC can be notified accordingly.