Learning that matters to our members
CPB Canada provides industry-specific learning to keep you informed about industry updates, business best practices, accounting practices, and more! Take a look at our upcoming events below.
Small business owners need your help in getting their books accurate so they can file their taxes and manage their businesses properly. They may have been “going it alone” last year to save money and now they can’t trust their balances. Or, they may be a referral from a tax firm who asks you to clean up and verify the balances so they can proceed with the tax return. Either way, you need a process to manage this work that results in a great experience for your staff, and for the client.
Come and learn practical tips designed to help you streamline your client clean-up projects and maximize the chances of converting the best of these clients into ongoing monthly clients for your firm.
Note: this is not a training session on how to use QBO or Liscio. However Michelle will use QBO as the example when accounting software is referenced, and Liscio will be referenced to show how clients can be made an important part of the productivity team in a way that is delightful to them. Therefore, if you use Xero or another accounting software package, this webinar will still be very relevant for you because of the principles being shared.
- Standardize your onboarding process so you can use it with all new clients, regardless of the length of the engagement.
- Create a specific and manageable request process so clients are able to respond quickly and easily, and staff can track everything at each stage.
- Develop a process for wrapping up a clean-up project with the client.
- Learn how to convert the best clean-up project clients to an on-going, profitable client for your firm.
Hosts / Instructors: Michelle Vilms
Michelle Vilms, President, Vilms Consulting
Vilom Consulting is based in Boston, MA. The 100% remote team handles Accounting Services, Training and Advisory, and they LOVE cleanup projects.
A few things about Michelle personally:
- Member of the Intuit Trainer Writer Network
- MBA from Babson College
- Advanced Certified QuickBooks Online and Desktop
- Air Force B.R.A.T.
- Board position: Boys and Girls Club of Boston
- Board position: New England Aquarium
- Love spending time at the Sea
- Avid Peloton user - Continuing on my fitness journey
The expressed views and opinions of this presentation are of the sponsor and the personal views of the presenters themselves and are in no way representative of and should not be attributed to or considered endorsed by CPB Canada – Certified Professional Bookkeepers of Canada, its employees, Directors or stakeholders.