Welcome to The Buzz
Explore expert opinion, insights, news, and updates from the world of bookkeeping.
CEO Update - June 2023
Summer is arriving...slowly but surely. Despite the warmer weather, things remain very busy and active in the CPB Canada ecosystem.
I am happy to provide some recent highlights and updates.
- Last month, the Board of Directors adopted the 2023-24 operating budget. This budget represents a decisive step toward investing in the membership and our presence nationally as the leading body representing bookkeepers in Canada. This budget brings forth:
- Indexing of our annual fees, including those for membership.
- Strategic investments to add a new full-time staff member, invest in marketing and public affairs efforts, and bolster funding for the second annual National Bookkeeping Week this January.
- The Affiliate Member category has been expanded to a broader group of non-bookkeeping professionals interested in CPB Canada – the previous definition was limited to only Chartered Professional Accountants.
- The operating budget represents solid financial footing for the association.
- CPB Canada is also proud to add a summer intern this year to help support our events team with IGNITE conference planning.
- Over the coming weeks, CPB Canada is undertaking a series of meetings with government officials from British Columbia, Ontario and the Federal Government. These discussions will seek to educate officials on bookkeeping and the standards set by CPB Canada. Equally, we hope to represent our members' interests on critical issues and create pathways for the government to engage our professional community moving forward.
- Last but not least, we are ramping up our IGNITE Conference planning. We look forward to building on a robust educational program and working to make this year's event the most engaging, fulfilling and fun event of the year. Stay tuned for more details.
Finally, the CPB Canada office schedule will shift toward a summer schedule starting in June and running until the end of August. Throughout these months, CPB Canada offices will be closed every Friday as part of an approved program where staff put in extra time throughout the year to earn this benefit.
I wish you all a safe, healthy, and fulfilling summer. I look forward to connecting with so many of you come September at IGNITE 2023.