CPB Canada Job Board
Staff Accountant - In Office ONLY
- Location: Toronto
- Date Posted: 2023-05-16
- Close Date: 2023-06-16
About the Position
The Staff Accountant supports the team in completing client files, manages and reviews financial statements, bookkeeping, and preparing personal and corporate tax returns. The Staff Accountant can complete mandates for complex clients and can report to several Managers/Partners.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping of multiple client entities
- Completion of Notice to Readers
- Preparation of Tax returns - HST, T1 and T2
- Calculation payroll taxes (ETD, EHT (Employer Health Tax), WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board))
- Understands technical standards with the expected level of assistance and supervision.
- Recognize relevant financial statement issues from basic analysis.
- Proficient with dealing with CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) directly on tax issues
- Will be working on more complex clients.
- Builds strong relationships with the clients.
Summary of Experience
- 1+ years bookkeeping skills.
- 1+ years' experience in public accounting
- College degree
- Working knowledge of CaseWare/Jazz-it, Tax Prep and Xero
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Work, Excel, and Outlook (desktop and online)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with external clients.
- Possess strong organization and file management skills.
Great Ideas. Positive Impact. That’s Zeifmans.
Zeifmans Offers You:
- Opportunity for growth – gain direct experience working with a wide-range of industry groups and clients
- Mentorship – our teams operate with an “open door” policy
- Collaborative environment – everyone has a say in our success
- Competitive compensation based on the Toronto market + opportunity for annual bonuses
- Full benefits and insurance for you and your immediate family members, paid by the firm
- Short Fridays all year long (3 pm office closure)
- Flexible dress code Mental health resources and on-going mental health support
- Providing you with opportunities to give back and support your community
- National training opportunities
At Zeifmans, you are just not just a number, you are an integral member of our growing Zeifmans team. We are a home to number-crunchers, big thinkers, day dreamers and scholars – because delivering big ideas for such a breadth of clients takes all kinds of wonderful minds.
Supporting you through earning your CPA designation: Our Zeifmans team is here to support you through every step of earning your CPA. We offer a pre-approved program with CPA Ontario, provide paid study days to help you prepare and we reimburse you for exam fees.
Helping you succeed at every level: Get ready for 1:1 career guidance directly from partners and senior managers. You will get a chance to develop skills past just tax, assurance or accounting – there’s tons of room for personal and career growth, along with perks like year-long early Fridays.
Your well-being matters – professionally and personally: At Zeifmans, we take care of each other. That means great health benefits, a focus on work-life balance. Our employees don’t just survive, they thrive.
A focus on giving back: Community involvement is one of our most important values. We encourage employees to give back and participate in a variety of company-sponsored fundraising campaigns that run year-round. If a cause matters to you, it matters to us too, which is why we recently launched a campaign that highlights charities chosen by Zeifmans’ employees.
The Zeifmans Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Zeifmans is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support all qualified persons to apply to all positions, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, Aboriginal status, age, disability, or any person who may require accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you would like to request accommodation within your application, we ask you please contact our Human Resource department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please apply through our careers page on our website here.